Friday, June 21, 2013

So, I have started my journey to lose weight and get healthier.  As a "stats" guy the first thing I did was order a Fitbit One and a Fitbit Aria Scale.  Now I have the means to track my activity levels and my weight on a daily basis.

This is my public Fitbit profile, I am still working out the bugs, so the content may change over the next few days/weeks: http://www.fitbit.com/user/26FPFL

My scale won't hook up to the hotel's wifi, so my other stats may be somewhat lacking, but I will be manually logging my weight in the meantime and as soon as I figure out how to get my scale online it will automatically log it.

I have not yet started the Insane Workout routine, I am going to be doing a lot of walking and working this full weekend and have been warned that my muscles will be very sore in the first few weeks.  So I opted to hold off until after this very busy weekend.

What I have started doing is watching my carbohydrate intake, especially breads and sodas.  And working to walk at least 10k steps a day.

I want you all to know that I am not doing this for vanity, but for my family.  I want to live a long time and thankfully my health is holding up well at this point in spite of my weight.  But I know that being this overweight is not good and will catch up with me if I do not get it under control.

That's it for now.  Until next time.

Your Friend,

John