Friday, July 26, 2013

Let's talk about accountability...

Ok, so I haven't fully disclosed why I am doing this now that I think about it. 

Traveling on my own, I face a number of potential temptations, slacking on my job (as I don't have a direct manager that is micro-managing me), my morality (you would not believe the number of hrrm let's just say innapropriate establishments are within arms reach) and my family (it would be "easy" to forget them as my highest priority).  I could get away with alot and no one except God and myself would be the wiser.  While on all of these items I have been doing well, I have NEVER done well with my body.  I developed bad habits as a youth, super-size meals, love of sweets, soda, no desire to regularly exercise... and until now I have not had a real consistent desire to break out of them..

So as for the reason I am writing this blog is for accountability, if you folks see that I don't post for a while ping me, facebook, phone, email, whatever... I could really use your help keeping me accountable!

I feel optimistic.  I will have good days and bad days, but my responsibility to myself and my family does not change.  Please help keep me accountable!

John

PS: I hadn't posted the picture below until today because I was embarrassed, honestly I still am.  I took this when I first started this journey a month ago.  I will take another one next week for comparison.